Reading Time: < 1 minute
- validate – validate the project is correct and all necessary information is available
- compile – compile the source code of the project
- test – test the compiled source code using a suitable unit testing framework. These tests should not require the code be packaged or deployed
- package – take the compiled code and package it in its distributable format, such as a JAR.
- integration-test – process and deploy the package if necessary into an environment where integration tests can be run
- verify – run any checks to verify the package is valid and meets quality criteria
- install – install the package into the local repository, for use as a dependency in other projects locally
- deploy – done in an integration or release environment, copies the final package to the remote repository for sharing with other developers and projects.