Well today at work i was gonna present my work and I didnot wanna mess up with tomcat 6 configured and works on my project, I stopped tomcat 6 and launched tomcat 7 already had the war file. So as usual I fired up tomcat 7 and launched the manager console and pointed my war file to be uploaded, but unfortunately I faced an issue that tomcat 7 manager cannot upload larger than 50MB! So the solution is very simple
- Stop tomcat 7 server
- navigate to the TOMCAT7FOLDER/webapps/manager/WEB-INF/
- edit web.xml file with your favorite text editor
- go to the line starts with <max-file-size> and alter the size you want
- go to the line starts with <max-request-size> and alter the size you want
- Fire up the tomcat 7 app server
And give it another shot to upload your larger war file.